Friday, April 28, 2017

MFT May Release Countdown--Day 4


Welcome to Day 4 of My Favorite Things May Release Countdown!

This month's Birdie Brown is Mermazing--a set of adorable mermaids and
friends, and everything you need to build an underwater scene. Today
I'm sharing two cards with ink distressed backgrounds and "wonky" edges.
I'll explain how the wonky edges came to be after showing you the cards.


For the first card, I added the rocks and popped up the turtle and mermaid that
were both colored with Copic markers. I white embossed the punny sentiment.


For the second card, I stamped seaweed along the bottom, then added
three clown fish and a mermaid, and finished off with the sentiment. Also,
both cards have Nuvo Morning Dew on them that look like water drops!

Still curious about the wonky edges? Before I ink distressed each panel, I tore  
Post It Tape in half lengthwise to get uneven edges. I removed the tape after I was
happy with the inking, and spattered water over the surface, then let them dry.


Not a fan of wonky edges? Then omit the tearing and run the tape on the 
edges of the card, then ink distress for a straight edge.

Visit today's countdown post at My Favorite Things to see what the rest of
the Creative Team is sharing, and leave a comment there for your chance
to win a $75 prize! Thanks for stopping by today!




25 comments:

  1. I Absolutely LOVE your wonky edge on Both cards! Hope MFT makes your wonky edges into a die! So Cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen! I think it's a bit more fun to just make your own wonky edges because no two are exactly alike.

      Delete
  2. I love your wonky edges, Donna! It adds so much character to your beautiful ink blending! Two really gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The coloring on both the cards is gorgeous. And I love the backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh I love your backgrounds Donna. Absolutely brilliant and pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the wonky border- thanks for the tip. It is a perfect setting for an ocean scene!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cards. Totally amazed with your creative ideas. The wonky edges really lend to the "sea" effect and the Nuvo dots and pattern on the mermaid's tail are the perfect touch. Such attention to detail!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your "wonkiness." :) Such a cute mermaid and her friends in the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I noticed those edges first and wondered how you did it!! SO COOL!! Going to have to try. LOVE these adorable scenes you created!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nicely done Donna. This mermaids is too cute. I for one love won't! Thanks for the great tip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such super sweet cards Donna! Love the creative masking you did to create those awesome backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE these, Donna! The wonky edges are perfect and your coloring is amazing, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute cards. I love the "wonky background".

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the wonky edges - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That background paper is just perfect for the mermaid figure. With the Nuovo morning dew drops the overall water effect on these cards is just the right setting. Thanks for showcasing the mermaid figure so well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The mermaid scenes are so cute. The background colors are gorgeous. Thanks for showing how to create the wonky edges.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh these are both so adorable Donna!! What cute little mermaids and your backgrounds are brilliant!! Love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the mermaid. Great job, Donna, and who doesn't like wonky? So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the background that you create!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Donna, thanks for sharing your wonderful card. Can you tell us what Copic markers you used? I did not see them in the supply list.

    ReplyDelete