Sunday, December 10, 2017

Ellen Hutson 12 Tags of Christmas With a Feminine Twist




another one of my favorite seasonal challenges that I look forward to every 
year--and I managed to make two tags for the challenge.


Day 7 featured Heather and Elena and a color challenge using pink, mint, and gold.


Cracked Pistachio was the closest color that I had for the minty sky and I
ink distressed most of the stitched tag, then spattered some water over it.
I assembled the deer on the tag and added pink hearts to the stag's antlers.



I stamped the sentiment and threaded some twine through the hole. As I 
was getting ready to take a photo of the tag, I noticed that I forgot the "gold".
Luckily, I had a scrap of gold card stock that fit perfectly under the sentiment.




Day 10 features another color challenge but this time, a bright palette. Sharon
and Svitlana created such beauties and I couldn't resist joining them.


This tag bears a resemblance to my card that I shared earlier for MFT's December 
Release. The row of houses was cut from watercolor card stock and this time, I used
Zig markers to color the tops of the houses. I brushed water across the top and let
the colors blend. 




A tag was cut from black card stock and white embossed with the sentiment. White
acrylic paint was spattered across the top of the tag and the row of houses was
adhered over it. The tag was finished off with the black and white twine.

I'm hoping to crank out a few more tags, if time permits. I love the versatility
of tags, from simply being tied onto a gift or adhering it to a card base for a quick card.
Thanks for stopping by today!


7 comments:

  1. Yes, I remember that pretty card, Donna! I ordered the Our Town die after I saw your card. :-) I need to get white acrylic paint to CAS(E) your tag! Love the bright loose coloring against black! Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was scrolling up, and realized the pretty deer tag was on the same post. The minty background is beautifully, smoothly, and softly ink-distressed. The deer are so adorable with pink little hearts! This tag sure makes the receiver super happy! Hideko xx

      Delete
  2. Delightful tags, Donna. I especially like the little hearts on the reindeer antlers. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these are adorable!! I adore the little deer!

    ReplyDelete