Monday, December 19, 2016

MFT December Card Kit--Fancy Flowers Day 2




Today the Creative Team is sharing more projects using the Fancy Flowers
Card Kit with MFT products you may already own.

I have two projects to share with you today. The first features a watercoloring
technique that I learned from my former MFT teammie, Amy Lee.


I white embossed several flowers and leaves on watercolor card stock,
then ink distressed with Distress inks. Then I blended some water over
the images and when it was dried, I went over with darker colors to
give the piece dimension.

I framed the piece and stamped the sentiment, then mounted the panel
to a top folding white card base. In hindsight, I should have chosen another
sentiment as this card seems a little too colorful to convey sympathy.


For my second project, I adhered flowers and leaves onto a tag, and cut
out the sentiment on the bottom. The tag was adhered to a card base that
was stamped with Lined Up Dots.

If you haven't done so already, grab your Fancy Flowers Card Kit here in
the MFT Store! Once it's sold out, it won't be restocked so get it while you can!
We'd love to see your projects using the Card Kit or any MFT products, so
remember to use #mftstamps whenever you share on social media.






Second card:



4 comments:

  1. Two beautiful cards! That is a perfect sympathy card, and I'm going to try that as soon as my kit arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards, but you are right, the first one is way too cheery to be a sympathy card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna--Both beautiful cards! I think the colors are perfect for Sympathy in the first card. If I'm depressed enough, I need an uplift. Although if it feels too cheery, I suppose "Thinking of You," works, too. Either way, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete