Friday, October 28, 2016

MFT November Release Countdown--Day 4



It's Day 4 of My Favorite Things November Release Countdown!

This month, Birdie Brown brings us Polar Bear Pals, a set of adventurous
bears and cubs, who pair nicely with her new Iceberg Die-namics.


I die cut a white panel with the rectangle element from Blueprints 24, then
cut out a Starry Circle. The circle was ink distressed with several colors of
Distress inks--I was trying to replicate the Northern Lights--then spattered
with water. I adhered the panel to a card base, then popped in the Starry Circle.



I colored the polar bear with some warm Copics, and cut him out with the
matching Die-namics. Two icebergs were cut and lightly distressed to give them
some definition. I adhered the icebergs and popped up the bear with dimensional
adhesive, then stamped the sentiment beneath him.

When I finished the card, it reminded me of a snow globe. Totally unplanned,
of course! Be sure to visit today's countdown post at My Favorite Things for more
inspiration from the design team and leave a comment to be eligible for a $75 prize!




15 comments:

  1. Your Northern Lights background is just perfect for Mr. Bear. Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the backdrop it makes me cold looking at it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't he something? AND he has my same wish!!!
    Darling, Donna!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes your beautiful composition stuck me as a gorgeous snow globe at first glance- love the polar bears!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna--Great card! Love your blended starry sky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna--Great card! Love your blended starry sky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card using the starry circle dynamics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card using the starry circle dynamics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful. Love your background for the bear :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty. I love your ink blended background. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card. Have the starry circle on my wish list. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete