Monday, October 10, 2016

MFT October Release Replay



It's October Release Replay at My Favorite Things when the Creative
Team shares fresh ideas and even more inspiration with the recent release.

I chose to play with the Happy Wonderful Christmas Die-namics since I didn't share
a project using it during the release. And of course the Yeti made an appearance.


I watercolored a panel of watercolor card stock with Distress inks. After it was
dried, I cut it with the rectangle element from Blueprints 24, then die cut
the three part sentiment. 

Originally, my plan was to make a shaker card, but I felt that the watercoloring was
too "busy" so I left it as is. I did adhere a piece of acetate behind the sentiment,
just to give the negative spaces a bit of support.
 
I colored a Yeti in pastel Copic colors and adhered him to the panel. The panel
was popped up on a white card base and finished off with white Nuvo Drops.

For more inspiration from the participating Creative Team members,
visit today's Replay post over at My Favorite Things.
 

12 comments:

  1. This card really stands out on the MFT blog, Donna! I love your watercolored panel and how you placed the adorable Yeti...such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the different colors for Christmas. The white Nuvo drops re-inforce the white negative space under the letters. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the different colors for Christmas. The white Nuvo drops re-inforce the white negative space under the letters. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That watercoloring just exudes happiness! Love your use of the Nuvo drops. I just put it in my wishlist so I can grab it once it's in stock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card Donna, love the colors and the watercoloring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy to report that, while I didn't allow much shopping, I did pick up these HAPPY WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS dies, Donna ... I hope I do half as great a job with them as you have done here! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna, This card is sooo dang cute! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE. Such a cute card, green mug + all!

    ReplyDelete