Friday, January 1, 2016

MFT January Release Countdown--Day 4



Welcome to Day 4 of My Favorite Things January Release Countdown!

This month's cuteness from Birdie Brown are a herd of adorable fluffy sheep--
Ewe Are the Best. This set can be used for Valentine's Day, and birthdays,
and everything in between! I have two cards to share with you today.

For my first card, I stamped the party sheep onto watercolor card stock with
Black Licorice Hybrid Ink, then colored them with Zig markers and a waterbrush.


I die cut the piece with the Wonky Stitched Rectangle STAX and mounted it
to a black card base. I stamped the punny sentiment with Versamark ink on
a black banner, and white embossed it, then adhered it to the panel.


 Did you spy the single green balloon? There was too much space between
the sheep, so I snuck it in and colored it green. Think of it as a runaway balloon.
The card was finished off with a few Sparkling Clear sequins.

For my second card, I knew that I wanted to create a little scene with the
fluffy cuties! They are just so adorable that I couldn't resist.


Those rolling hills that the sheep are standing on are actually Stitched Cloud edges,
but I flipped them over (like a lot of the DT members did!) and inked them up as
a grassy meadow. I die cut two of the new Puffy Clouds and inked up the edges
with some blue ink for a bit of dimension.


The sheep (did you notice the ram?) were colored with Zig markers and die cut
with the matching Die-namics, sold separately. Everything was assembled on a
Stone Gray card panel, cut with the Wonky Stitched Rectangle STAX. Yep, you're
gonna see me use these babies on almost every project! I LOVE the wonky stitching!

And see that stitched sun? It made an early appearance on my card. Stay tuned
later on during the countdown for info on how you can get it for FREE!

Thanks for stopping by! Make sure you stop by today's countdown post at
MFT to check out the rest of the participating designers and leave a comment
there to be eligible for a $75 prize!

 
First card:



Second card:

34 comments:

  1. Cute cards. I like the colorful first card and the second card puts a smile on my face...love the sheep holding the heart and the sentiment is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute cards and love the word play on this set

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards, Donna! These sheeps are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not one but TWO adorable cards!! LOVE the pretty watercolor on the first card. The second card with the heart-just so FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to have a rough time resisting anything from this release, Donna, if you keep this cuteness happening!!! OH those sheep!!! and I just love the way you've water-colored those balloons! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely sheep so beautifully floating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your cards! This stamp set is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your cards! This stamp set is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute Cards!
    But the first one is amazing!
    Hugs Elchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love how you randomly stamped all the little sheep for a background! So cute!! The second card is darling with the fluffy cloud hills!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are darling! Are you loving your zigs? Been having fun coloring with them. So easy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are darling! Are you loving your zigs? Been having fun coloring with them. So easy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable. So colorful. I'll have to count these sheep when I can't sleep. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So very cute....bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your first card -- so incredibly cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are both just Darling! Love the 'floating sheep' and all your details on the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ewe really know your sheep. Both these cards are fantastic. Clever flock you created.

    ReplyDelete
  18. you create and amazing background, super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, you did a great job using the sheep as background, along with the balloons. Both cards are wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cute! Your coloring is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Donna, I am drawn to those bright, happy colors on your first card, but I love how you use the cloud dies as grass on the second. Hard to pick a favorite here--they're both great!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your incredible art sure drew my attention to MFT!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh goodness these cards are perfectly cute!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both cards are adorable. And the sentiments are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ewe've worked magic with these darling sheep, Donna! Incredible cuteness happening here!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cuteness overload Donna. The colors on your first card are gorgeous and the little scene you built on your second one is super. Thanks for sharing your incredible talent with us.

    ReplyDelete