Monday, January 11, 2016

MFT January Release Replay Challenge



Today our team is taking a fresh look at our most recent release with inspiring ideas 
and innovative takes on the complete collection. We love the opportunity to look at 
our products with fresh eyes, envisioning entirely new ways to showcase the possibilities 
they present. We can’t wait to share our ideas with you!


Teammate Kay Miller who's a watercoloring guru, inspired me to get inky
with Sketched Blooms. You can color them in with matching "fill in" stamps, but I
wanted to try watercoloring them like Kay did here on her second card.

The blooms were stamped with Black Licorice Hybrid ink, then I used a waterbrush
around the stems and added color with Zig brush markers, letting the color move
on its own. I let the stems dry before moving on to the flowers and background.
Some white paint was spattered over the design and left to completely dry.

The watercolored piece was cut with Wonky Stitched Rectangles, and I added
a strip of striped diagonal paper to ground the flowers. The new label sentiment
was added, and the panel was adhered to a Stone Gray card base.

If you haven't done so, give watercoloring a try. It's fast, forgiving,
and you'll feel like an artist.....or maybe a Kay Miller!



7 comments:

  1. Good golly this is a gorgeous example of controlled watercolor. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww you are so sweet to mention me!! Thank you! That is totally amazing! I am totally amazed that I had anything to do with it too! haha! Beautiful colors and watercoloring and the bright yellow background is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome and artistic inky card, Donna! Love that the colors in the background change near the stems... very cool effect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful...and now we're ordering Sketched Blooms for my classes at Impress...all because of you (smile).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pretty blooms in the fresh Spring colours have me smiling! Yellow = yummy! Gorgeous!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna, this is so adorably sweet!
    I love the pretty colors.
    I recently bought this lovely stamp set.
    Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete