Monday, April 10, 2023

The Flower Challenge 79 -- FOCUS ON BACKGROUND STAMPING

 
The challenge theme at The Flower Challenge 79 is Focus on Background Stamping.
 
 
Here's my project. I'm not sure if it will qualify as the background was made by
stenciling and not stamping, per se.


I love Altenew's Blooming Flower Bed Stencil because it covers the whole background
of a card panel and you can use so many different color combos. I chose cheery colors
and after adhering the panel to a card base, I added the sentiment and finished off
with some clear sequins.
 
I have several more weeks to enter another card if this one doesn't qualify as having a
stamped background. Stay tuned to see if it gets a thumbs up or down.
Thanks so much for stopping by!


6 comments:

  1. I haven't heard a word about not using a background stencil, Donna - it clearly is the best and most beautiful way to achieve a beautiful background. I'm kicking myself that I DID NOT think of it! lol SO pretty!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michele, I'm still not 100% sure about a stencil, even as I was stenciling!

      Delete
  2. Donna, no worries, a background with flowers is all we're looking for, whether stamped, stenciled or die cut, just not printed with color (versus you coloring a digi image). And yours is a gorgeous delight of spring colors! Totally love your cheery color choices and the great sentiment! I'm so happy you chose to join us for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the clarification, Stef! I was going to ask Viv but never got around to it.

      Delete
    2. Hi Donna! I had to come back to let you know that after checking with Viv, I was totally wrong! The challenge is for background "stamping", I just misread and misunderstood, and I apologize for giving you incorrect information. So you still have time to enter with a stamped background card. Again, I'm so sorry, I should have verified first before providing assurance.

      Delete
    3. Hi Stef! I missed this earlier but no worries! Lesson learned and now we all know that STAMPING means STAMPING and not STENCILING.

      Delete