Sunday, April 30, 2023

Fluttering By With Freshly Made Sketches 583

The deadline for Freshly Made Sketches 583 is in a few hours and I'm entering
the challenge because it took me so long to put the card together. I refused to give up!
 
Here's the sketch.
 
And here's my card in its third and final design.
  
 
A rainbow seems like the most logical element as a focal point, but the Backyard Wren from
Memory Box arrived and I wanted to incorporate it on a card. I flipped the sketch since 
he's facing to the right, and perched him on a few branches. I also changed him into a
bluebird because a brown wren is pretty drab.


And about that sentiment....It's by Waffle Flower and meant for their butterfly collection.
I really like the mixed fonts and had to Google whether birds do flutter (or flitter?)
It's a toss up, depending on which expert you listen to. I'm sticking with fluttering
as a "means of courtship".

Off to link this up. Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. It's a cute card and colors are great! But where are his feet? For some reason, it bothers me....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn! It's Memory Box's design so I really can't say why he has no feet. I was hoping the branches would convey that he's sitting and his feet are tucked under? Thanks for the visit!

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous! The colours, dimension and that fabulous bird all work so well together. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. I'm drawn to that embossed background. What folder/company is that from?

    ReplyDelete