Monday, May 15, 2023

The Flower Challenge -- PRETTY PASTELS

I can't believe we're halfway through the month of May! A cold and flu bug made its
rounds in two households and now we're all slowly recovering. 
 
I finally found the energy to create again and using scrap pieces helped put this card 
together for this month's The Flower Challenge--PRETTY PASTELS.
 
 
 
Here's my card.


I had the dome shape in my scrap pile and embossed the magnolias on them. I used residual
ink on my brushes and applied the color over the piece. Some silver ink was spattered over
and adhered to an embossed card base. A scrap sentiment piece was added together with
some small iridescent drops.

Once again, I'm grateful for my scraps. Thanks so much for stopping by!


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! What embossing folder did you use for the background?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a VERY old Tim Holtz Sizzix Embossing Folder, long discontinued. The closest folder presently available is a Sizzix Tim Holtz 3D Texture Fades folder called WOVEN.

      Delete
  2. A beautiful embossing folder and fantastic coloring of it, Donna! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, your scrap collection must be filled with lots of great pieces lol! Love how your put these two embossed pieces together, with the beautifully ink blended floral dome piece and that incredibly textured background! Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is just glorious Donna ! thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' :) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete