Friday, March 22, 2019

March CAS Christmas Challenge--Deer




It's my first time playing along with CAS Christmas Challenge, prompted by
my blogging friend, Hideko. I love CAS designs and when I was going through my
stash of die cuts, I found an old Maggie Holmes stag to use for the challenge.
Yes, it's a pink stag.



If I remember correctly, I gold embossed a Hero Arts stamp, then added a
quick watercolor wash over it. I die cut an extra stag and adhered it to the
colored one for some dimension.

 The stag's head was adhered to a white card base and finished off with
the gold embossed sentiment and thin white frame. I thought about adding
some small gold sequins but I wanted to keep it as CAS as possible, and I think
there's enough bling on the card as it is.
 
The best part about entering a Christmas challenge? You get a jump start
on this year's Christmas cards. Thanks for stopping by today!

* * *

Edited to add: Honored to be chosen as Outstanding Design!


https://caschristmascardchallenge.blogspot.com/2019/03/cas-christmas-march-2019-top-picks.html

11 comments:

  1. love your artsy stags head with a touch of pink and a perfect CAS Card. thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your gorgeous pattern on the stag! I have that die too and love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Donna. Love the heat embossed gold design on your stag with the pink wash. Beautiful CAS design. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This beauty won't have to go stag for long, Donna! LOve the pink!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the non-traditional gold and PINK colour scheme, Donna! Fabulous CAS design. Love this! Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the design and colors of your stag head, Donna! Great sentiment too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool stag Christmas card, Donna! I love the contrast between the metallic geometric pattern and the flowing soft watercolor wash. The dimension and the white-on-white stitched frame adds so much interest to this beautiful CAS card. Thanks so much for mentioning my name on your blog. I'm honored. :-)
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Been a while since I've visited - hope all is well with you, Donna! Just love your stately stag with the gold diamonds!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so stunning, Donna! So glad you played along with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on winning an Outstanding Design at CAS Christmas, Donna!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete