Wednesday, March 6, 2019

MFT Wed Sketch Challenge #427




And here's my take on it.



A Brilliant Bloom was substituted for the balloon, and I borrowed a stem from
Painted Poppies. Both images were stamped with Distress inks, and colored with
Copic markers, then cut with the matching Die-namics.

The flower and stem were adhered to a white card base. The sentiment was white
embossed on a vellum strip and the card was finished off with sequins.




I'd like to give a shout out to my MFT teammate, Nicole, for inspiring me to color 
the bloom after I saw her gorgeous card. I copied the shading and highlighting 
of each petal until I was satisfied with the results. Thanks, Nicole!

* * *

Visit the Card Challenges blog for all the details on how you could be the random
winner of a $50 MFT gift voucher when you join us. Hope to see you in the gallery!



9 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous take on this sketch challenge. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! I love how this works with the sketch! Call me inspired!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the simple beauty of your card. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Donna, I had this exact same idea!! Your card is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous bloom, Donna! Your shading and highlighting are amazing. (Nicole would agree.) Using a vellum strip is a great way to layer a sentiment over the flower without completely covering the beauty.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete