Friday, March 3, 2017

MFT March Release Countdown--Day 4



 It's Day 4 of My Favorite Things March Release Countdown!
All new products will go on sale Tuesday, March 7th at 9PM EST.


Today I'll be sharing two cards and the first has a masculine theme--Ninjas!
Ninja-mazing is a fun set, perfect for the big and little guys in your life.


In feudal Japan, ninjas were stealth warriors who employed special techniques
and weapons against the enemy. But this ninja is harmless and just wants to
practice throwing his ninja stars.

If my card design looks familiar, it's MFT's Wednesday Sketch #321. After ink
distressing the circle and assembling the patterned paper, I thought it had an
Asian feel to it, so I decided to save it for today's card.




The ninja was stamped, colored with Copics, then cut with the matching dies.
Three ninja stars were silver embossed and popped up on the card. Lastly, I
stamped the sentiment on the strip.

Next up is Chinese Takeout Die-namics, a takeout container with chopsticks
and for dessert--fortune cookies, complete with a paper fortune!


Two takeout containers were cut from Sweet Tooth card stock and stamped
to resemble the real thing. The handles were cut from shiny silver card stock
and adhered to the sides of the container.

The chopsticks were cut from White Birch Wood Adhesive Paper and tucked
into the container. And how fun are those fortune cookies? They were cut from
Latté card stock and shaded to give them dimension. I chose a sentiment,
stamped it on a strip of card stock, and slipped it through the slit on the cookie.

Be sure to visit today's countdown post at My Favorite Things for more
inspiration from the rest of the team and leave a comment there for a chance
to win $75 in daily prizes!





Second card:

4 comments:

  1. Both of your cards are SO cute. I don't own a Ninja set and I'd love to get one although I am terrible at using dark grays/black Copics. Love your Chinese take-out card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!! These cards are so cute!! I LOVE the Chinese take out. It is so FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two absolutely fantastic cards Donna! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are Fabulous and Fun all creatively Done!

    ReplyDelete