Thursday, March 2, 2017

CAS(E) this Sketch #211


Are you ready for this week's CAS(E) this Sketch?
Here's Sketch #211 compliments of our teammie Michele.


And here's my loose interpretation, because I really wanted to use
the new Hero Arts Paper Layering Koi that arrived in the mail.


I'm pretty sure there are no koi with pink markings, but instead of coloring it,
 I used a watercolor cardstock panel that was stamped with Distress ink 
splotches and die cut the koi from that.


I blame an overfilled C3 Copic marker for the koi's "black eye". Balloon Strings
was stamped with Versamark ink on light gray card stock. After adhering the koi,
I stamped the sentiment and rounded off the right bottom corner of the card.

Visit CAS(E) this Sketch to see how the rest of the team interpreted the
sketch and join us if you can. Link up your card(s) by Thursday, March 9th
and if you're chosen as the winner, you'll be invited to guest design with us!




10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Never know, could be some with a bit of pink markings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this beautiful pink Koi!! Instead of coloring, you watercolored and die-cut it - what a gorgeous outcome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this! Your colors on the Koi fish are absolutely spot on! PS: Dr. John loves you back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so COOL!!! I love how you made that fish!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Koi! Love your copic technique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the koi fish and the way you colored it!

    ReplyDelete