Thursday, August 27, 2015

MFT September Release Countdown--Day 5



Are you ready? It's countdown time to My Favorite Things September Release!
All new products will go on sale September 1st at 10pm EST.

Today I'm sharing floral goodness starting with Delicate Pretty Poppies, an outline
version of the previously released Pretty Poppies both designed by Lisa Johnson.


The new Distressed Stripes Background was stamped on a piece of Grout Gray
card stock with the same color ink for a tone on tone look. The piece was die cut
with the new Die-namics Stitched Cover Up Vertical Companion, a fun way to frame
your designs and sentiments. Dimensional adhesive was used to adhere the frame
to a Grout Gray card base.

Three poppies and leaves were colored with Copic markers and fussy cut,
then adhered in the smaller opening. The sentiment from Thanks So Very Much
fit perfectly in the larger opening on the bottom. 


My second card features the new Etched Flower Background. I white embossed
the image on watercolor card stock and used a dauber and dye inks to color in
the entire background. The panel was then cut with the rectangle element


The sentiment was gold embossed on a strip of vellum and wrapped around the panel.
The card was finished off with some shiny gold sequins.

Stop by today's countdown post at My Favorite Things for links to participating
designers, and leave a comment there to be eligible for a $75 gift voucher to shop
 in the MFT Boutique!
 
Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you tomorrow!




First card:



Second card:

28 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! I want everything from the release, but now I want these even more. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow love poppy card on stripe background! Gorgeous, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, these are absolutely gorgeous. I love the color combination on the background stamp. And your first card is beautiful also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! beautiful cards. This release is really neat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two very fabulous cards! Both with such sumptuous colouring :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the little line of highlights on the top card and the bottom is prettiness squared!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That etched floral background is a 'must have' in my book! GAH! I just [finally] was able to get the roses! You, Donna, are the Queen of Pretty [much everything]!
    =] M

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Big Etched Flower Background is so prettily colored.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Donna both of your cards are just gorgeous. I just love the etched floral background, I must have it! You did an amazing job with all the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love hou you used the frame for the big bold sentiment. The background is fabulous with the embossing and inking. Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love hou you used the frame for the big bold sentiment. The background is fabulous with the embossing and inking. Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The poppiues really pop! The etched flowers are just gorgeous. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That background is one of my favorite things in this release, swoon worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Donna!! These are both so stunning! I can't decide which one I love the best! The first one is absolutely gorgeous the way you used the poppies with the cover plate, and the second one with the blending..... sigh.... <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fell to the ground when I saw both your cards today. A-MAZ-ing. See a few new MFT products coming to live at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What stunning design!! I LOVE that new die!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE it! The window die-namic is awesome! I will be getting that for sure

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely cards, your ink blending is beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  20. My goodness...where have I been for the past few days! Two more amazing cards, Donna! Your poppies are so pretty and I love how you stamped the sentiment inside the aperture! I think your 2nd card is my fave with all those gorgeous colors and white embossing! I'm going to have a hard time choosing during this release after seeing what you've created :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. You've sold me on the need for all the Poppies sets! Not to mention how I can't wait to get that Etched Flower Background stamp and play with some watercolors and inks! Thanks Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  22. your second card is stunning, I love it, is my favorite on this day!

    ReplyDelete