Friday, August 14, 2015

Poppystamps Challenge 11--The Heat is On


I'm joining Poppystamps Challenge 11, mainly because I wanted to play with
a Poppystamps die that I haven't used before--Brevilla Houses. Here's my card.


The challenge is The Heat is On and it looks like I concentrated the heat onto the rooftops!
After die cutting the houses from watercolor paper, I used a waterbrush to brush water
on the top portion of the houses then colored over with Zig Clean Color markers.

I blended the colors with water and let the ink fade on the bottom. I love that the doors
on the die cut piece actually swing open--how cute is that? I randomly popped out
some of the windows and left others intact for visual interest.


The houses were popped up on the bottom of Grout Gray card stock and I added
a strip of dark gray diagonal stripes on the bottom. The sentiment is from
Neat and Tangled and the tiny heart is from my stash of die cuts.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have a cool weekend!


19 comments:

  1. sweet.. love this rainbow summer shine card:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely ADORABLE!! Now I can't get that song out of my head!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual this is so fabulous Donna! Awesome heat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the bright colors Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that sentiment paired with the colourful houses Donna! Thanks for playing along with us at Poppystamps this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect pairing of die, coloring and words. Very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love every inch of this, Donna! I love that you've placed your little neighborhood on that wonderful grey cardstock ... just makes those houses pop ... OH I'm choosing the hot pink number third from the left - or whichever is right next to your house =]
    =] M

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna this is just stunning! I love this card to pieces!! The watercoloring is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect sentiment on this beautiful house scene Donna, love your gorgeous colours.
    Thank you for joining us over on Poppystamps challenge blog.
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you've colored your houses. They remind me of Rainbow Row in Charleston!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing CAS design, Donna! Just love all the sunny colors and the sentiment is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Donna, this is just BEAUTIFUL! The Brevilla Houses is one of my absolute FAVORITE dies! The pretty colors are so bright and fresh! Thanks for playing along with the Poppystamps The Heat is On Challenge.
    Take Care!
    Michele, Poppystamps DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is brilliant! Love the partly watercolored row of houses!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your C&S card and colored houses
    Thanks for playing along with us at Poppystamps this month!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love how you colored the houses on this card, Donna! Such a great effect! I also love how you stamped the sentiment and the diagonal stripes really pop! Very sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the color you added to these houses Donna! Just beautiful! Thanks for joining us in the Poppystamps Challenge

    ReplyDelete