Monday, April 1, 2024

Guest Designer for Color Hues Challenge #84 -- Peach & Green

 
My card for Color Hues Challenge #82 was chosen as the winner and I was invited to
guest for TCH84. And as luck would have it, I got to play with my favorite colors!
 
 
Here are the challenge colors for the first half of the month of April.

 
 
Here's my card using some older products that I needed to give some love to
and I also knew that I wanted to make a shaped card.
 
 
I first stenciled Pinkfresh Studio's Bougainvillea Print, using only Stencils 1 and 2
and inks from Concord & 9th. 

A base was cut twice from a rounded arch die and the back piece was adhered to the 
front to form a hinge. The stenciled piece was cut from a smaller arch, then run through 
a floral 3D embossing folder and adhered to the base. A sentiment was added and the 
card was finished off with some gems. 

I hope you'll play along with THC 84's colors. The deadline is April 14, 2024 at
9am EST. Thanks to the Color Hues team for the kind invitation to join you!


12 comments:

  1. Donna, the combination of the embossed background, the peach and green bougainvillea print and the arched shape makes for an absolutely gorgeous card. A wonderful way to breathe new life into some of your older products. Thrilled that you're our oh-so-inspiring guest designer!
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL card Donna! The image is so pretty on its own, but even prettier with the embossing over it...LOVE it! And what's not to love about a shaped card?!! Thanks so much for inspiring our players and joining in with us at Color Hues...we always love to see your creativity at work!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. I love all the techniques you used to make this card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could not love the way this turned out anymore, Donna! I think it is so funny that is was your favorite color combo. I am so happy to have you as our guest at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spectacular, Donna! Congratulations on your win and gig as guest designer, too! That bougainvillea is so pretty in these colors - even more gorgeous embossed!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. The embossing of your stencilled panel really brings the design to life Donna, love it. So happy that you're our GD and you got to use your favourite colours too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous! The stenciling is gorgeous, but the embossing folder takes it up a notch! So wonderful to have you as our Guest Designer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure how I ended up with an anyonymous entry, but here I am--identified!

      Delete
  8. This is GORGEOUS, Donna! Stenciled perfection and the embossing adds extra interest! Love the shape too! Congratulations on your Guest Design spot at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Donna, what a delight to have you as GD and you made my day when you said these were your favorite colors! Oh my, your wonderful card shows them off beautifully! I love the elegant arches and the stenciling is so pretty. The embossing puts this design over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Donna your card is so gorgeous! Thank you so much for being our guest this challenge and I'm so happy that you love the colours!! Mixing the stenciling and the embossing folder kicks your design up a notch and then the Arch shape takes it over the top WOW! I am always in love with whatever you make my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's wonderful to have you as guest designer, Donna, and what a gorgeous card you've created! Amazing that this is your favorite color combination, it's become one of my favorites as well, although I still love my pinks and aquas! Such a beautiful design combining the stenciling and embossing, then making it an arch-shaped card. So lovely!

    ReplyDelete