Friday, April 19, 2024

The Flower Challenge #90 -- ADD LAYERS

 
The current challenge theme over at The Flower Challenge is ADD LAYERS.
 
 
We were in Tokyo last month, hoping to see some cherry blossoms but there was a cold spell
which brought temps down to the 30's. We were freezing! And this naturally delayed the
cherry blossoms' appearance which started blooming AFTER we left. Darn climate change!

So I'm paying homage to what we missed with Pinkfresh Studio's Cherry Blossoms Die
and Stencil Set and its many layers.
 
 


The background is Altenew's Organic Linen Embossing Folder which reminds me of
Japanese kanji, or characters with its vertical design.



The flowers alone have several layers and I decided to add a frame for even more
depth and dimension. A sentiment from Papertrey Ink completed the card.

Off to submit this to TFC, Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Donna, I said no to that set but am kicking myself now!! I might have to CASE your gorgeousness using my HoneyBee dies! I have been on the 'notify' list for this embossing folder for some time! Thanks for reminding me how wonderfully worth the wait it will be! This needs a 'kick stand' for display, my friend!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg! Thanks so much for sending it over to The Flower Challenge!! You do send us the prettiest florals!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect homage to the Cherry Blossoms you missed during your visit to Japan, Donna! I love how yours are truly delicate beauties against the very textured background and the framing works to amplify them. Always love seeing you in the gallery at The Flower Challenge, thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful design Donna, LOVE everything about this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cherry blossoms look so real, Donna! I love the organic background and that they are framed! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that die is gorgeous Donna and you have coloured it beautifully. I love how you layered it over the embossed background and how it's just popping out of the frame too. Thank you for playing at the Flower Challenge this month! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete