Sunday, March 17, 2024

Time Out Challenges + JUGS Collaboration Challenge

 
Blogging friend Michele directed me to a collaborative challenge between
Time Out Challenges and (new to me) JUGS, the acronym for Just Us Girls.
 

And the cue word for both challenges is BIRDS.  I'm a huge fan of birds and I feel that I was 
destined to enter the challenge. Here's my rather busy entry.


I just received Papertrey Ink's Into the Blooms Spring Nest Die and quickly put one together. 
I have several of their Feathered Friends cut, colored, and assembled in a "bird box" and chose
 a blue one that matched the eggs.
 

I unsuccessfully researched birds' egg colors and I believe blue colored birds don't lay 
blue eggs. I don't even know what species of bird this is but I was short on time to color 
a beige/brown bird. 

The nest and eggs were assembled and flowers and leaves were added, together with
the bird and a white embossed sentiment. Yes, it's the same sentiment that I used a 
few cards back that's a fave.

Ok, off to link this up! Thanks so much for stopping by and to Michele for
introducing me to the challenge.

* * *
 
Edited to add: I've just returned from an overseas trip a few days ago and feeling a bit 
jet lagged when I read in some comments that I won the collaborative challenge!
 Many thanks to the gals at Time Out Challenges and JUGS for the honor!
 

 

13 comments:

  1. Had to stop by and comment on your card Donna as I just finished putting a card together using this same die set from PTI and I love it! I used a bunny with my card (I was making Easter cards), but I absolutely adore the little birdie you added to your nest, and your speckled eggs are fabulous! Sweet, sweet card!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous watercolor look to all the elements on your card! This is frame-able!!! Gret nest, bird, background dies! I am tempted to go "shop" them. Thank you so much for joining us with this beauty at Just Us Girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course he is a Donna Bird! and as cute as he can be! Not one bit of this darling card could be left out - not one bit busy to my eyes!
    Bluebirds' eggs are a beautiful blue, my friend - btw - you can come watch them in their next box this Spring if you'd like to!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful Donna, love your blue egg laying blue bird... I'm sure she lives somewhere lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the crafty world birds can be whatever color you choose, Donna, and you chose well. She is so bright and pretty watching for her eggs to hatch. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Time Out/Just Us Girls challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, and not at all too busy. Every element is perfect for this wonderful springy design. I love it! Thanks for playing with us at the Time Out/Just Us Girls challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely, Donna. I'm smitten with that nest die and while I've personally only made two cards with it so far, I know it's one I'll use again and again. Your sweet card made me smile. I love the pressure embossed white background on this lovely design.

    Please come play along with us at Word Art Wednesday as well. Always Anything Goes/Family Friendly and we have awesome sponsors/prizes. It would be a treat to have you play along with us.

    Blessings,
    Karen L, Owner
    Word Art Wednesday Challenge
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this nest and sweet eggs on the woodgrain embossed background, Donna! And this bird is AMAZING! So beautifully colored!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully crafted and not at all too busy! Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an exquisite card, Donna - such a perfect little spring scene!! Congrats on the win at JUGS/Time Out collab!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great win, Donna! Play often at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful. I especially love the subtly textured background and the way you colored the die cuts. The eggs are so cute! Sorry for being a bit late with my commenting rounds... But thank you for joining us at Time Out and I hope to see you joining our current 'Striped' challenge as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just wanted to drop by and say congratulations Donna - this gorgeous card was chosen as winner of our Time Out and JUGS Birds of a Feather collaboration challenge! Details on how to claim your prize are on the Challenge Blog as well as our Winners Badge - and I do hope you will join us in a future challenge as a guest designer!
    Hugs, Kate (DT Time Out Challenges)!

    ReplyDelete