Friday, March 8, 2024

The Flower Challenge #89 -- Make a Square Card

 
This month's challenge theme at The Flower Challenge is to make a SQUARE card.
 
 Here's my little square number.

 
I  just received my Greetery order of BotaniCuts Lilacs. I thought they'd be a pain to assemble
but I watched Betsy create hers about a dozen times and I was sold on the set.


 
Betsy used daubers to color her lilacs but I took the lazy route and smooshed whatever
purple inks I had and picked up the colors on watercolor card stock, then cut them out.
The leaves were ink blended on white die cuts and I used the residual ink to color the
tops of the clusters. 

I added a frame to a 4.25" card base and sponged in a blue background. I spattered water
and blue ink then added the blooms and leaves when the panel was dry. The sentiment
is from Honeybee Stamps Be Still stamp and die set. Sequins finished off the card.

All in all it was fast and easy to assemble the lilacs and I'd like to try and make some
 white ones that Betsy shared. But that's for another day. 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!


5 comments:

  1. Just had to tell you how I am inspired by this gorgeous card, Donna! Lilacs are my favorite flower and they look perfect colored with smooshed ink. A fabulous entry at The Flower Challenge, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, when Marcia was here on Wednesday, she told me I was going to be mighty sorry I didn't order these lilacs... man does she know me well!!
    I guess I'll just sit and swoon over yours and watch for Marcia to do her magic soon! I cannot WAIT 'til lilac season! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...absolutely BEAUTIFUL card Donna! I had to have the Lilacs too and have a card done but haven't had any sunshine to photograph it yet...soon! But anyway, your smooshed Lilacs just couldn't be any prettier on your square card...CAS perfection! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at the Flower Challenge!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, I'm such a huge fan! Just look at those gorgeous lilacs... perfectly colored and assembled! So glad this beauty is in the Flower Challenge lineup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this die and when I saw it, I immediately bought it. Wonderfully done and the lilacs look so real. Thank you for playing in our square card challenge over at The Flower Challenge.

    ReplyDelete