Friday, December 14, 2018

Spellbinders Great, Big, Wonderful World Collection


My friends at Spellbinders sent me a die from their Great, Big, Wonderful World
Collection by Sharyn Sowell to play with. I gasped when I saw this die called
Peace Begins Here. It's huge! And beautiful. And did I mention HUGE?

Here's my larger than normal sized card I created with the die.


 I began by die cutting the image from watercolor card stock and purposely did not use a
shim because I wanted the pieces to stay as intact as possible for watercoloring. I wet the
entire piece with clean water, then used my Gambi Tansi watercolors and dropped 
color over the piece, letting it blend on its own and not being overly concerned about
the messy look. 

After it dried, I placed the die back on the piece and used a shim to cut out the image.
I planned to adhere it to a kraft card base, but didn't want to fuss with dimensional 
adhesive on the back. I die cut another piece from 65# card stock and adhered it 
to the back, then popped up the piece on the kraft card base with a spray
adhesive. I really like the subtle dimension from the lightweight card stock.

Sharyn Sowell's new collection of dies have a wonderful, homespun feel to them
that remind me of the art of paper cutting--so intricately beautiful.
Visit Spellbinders to see more of Sharyn Sowell's amazing collection of dies!