Tuesday, July 17, 2018

MFT & Friends--July 2018 Release



For this month's MFT & Friends, I challenged myself to make a shaker card
with the Happy Birthday Block Die-namics and I was pleased with how 
simple it was to construct one.


I started with an alcohol inked background that I made with pink, orange,
and yellow inks. Gold foil was added for a bit of bling. The sentiment was die cut
and because there wasn't much of an edge around the letters, I trimmed the
piece to a 4.5" square.


A 4.5" by 9" piece of In the Buff card stock was constructed for the card base.
An acetate sheet was adhered to the back of the sentiment and I adhered the
"innards" of the A's, B, D, P's, and R in their respective spaces right on the acetate.
Adhesive foam tape was doubled up so the sequins would have ample room to
do their thing. I added the sequins and adhered the panel to the card base.

The Happy Birthday Block Die-namics makes for a quick card and always save the
letters to make a second card.


Die cut a Stone Gray card base, saving the insides of the alphabets that have
them, then place an adhesive sheet behind the sentiment. Puzzle piece the
letters in their respective spaces and tie on a silk ribbon to finish off the card.
Two cards from one die--how awesome is that?



Visit today's MFT & Friends post for more inspiration from the Creative
Team (and friends!) using the July 2018 Release!
Thanks so much for stopping by.


5 comments:

  1. This card makes me happy. Love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards, Donna! I love your choice of colors and I think both versions are amazing! Great idea to add a touch of gold foil, too...so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna! You have 'accentuated the negatives' just as beautifully as the positives… positively gorgeous!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made a gorgeous Alcohol Ink background, Donna! Love the touch of gold foil! And how cool it is to make two cards out of the background using the positive & the negative of the die-cut! The shaker card is so fun! The Stone Gray shows off the vibrant die-cut letters. You totally inspired me to try AI backgrounds with the Happy Birthday Block die! Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete