Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Warm thoughts

Hello there! I'm sharing a card that I made using some dies that I bought a while ago, but never used before. Namely, the mini rolled roses from My Favorite Things.


I was inspired to play with the dies after I saw Kristina Werner's card on her latest Make a Card Monday.


The Large Canvas Stripes background and sentiment were both stamped with Papertrey Ink's Fresh Snow ink. The sentiment was cut apart to fit and embossed with white detail embossing powder. I added some white faux stitching around the label, and a few Hero Arts pearls. The leaves were handcut by me.

The roses were surprisingly fun to make and I'm only sorry I didn't attempt them earlier. I'm sure now you'll be seeing a few roses popping up on future cards and projects...

Have a great rest of the week, and thanks for stopping by! I know I always say this, but I really do appreciate your timely visits and gracious comments.

Stamps: Hero Arts
Cardstock: Hero Arts layering paper
Ink: Papertrey Ink
Tools: Papertrey Ink label die, My Favorite Things mini rolled roses Dienamics
Embellishments: Hero Arts pearls
Other: Wool felt, dimensional adhesive, Signo white pigment pen

21 comments:

  1. Fab, fab, fab.... love it. Those felt flowers are ADORABLE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these sweet little roses, Donna, is the felt anything special - firm or soft?

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable little felt roses Donna - love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this!!! I bought those dies and need to get better felt as mine did not turn out like Kristina and Jennifer's......But yours did!!! :) xoxoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty felt roses Donna~
    love the colors against the bg papers...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous flowers Donna, love them against the white and Kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna those felt flowers are gorgeous and really send "warm thoughts"! Can't wait to see those pop up again on another one of your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pop of color from your gorgeous felt flowers is so lovely, Donna! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Donna! What a beautiful card... love the felt flowers!! Have a great day! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card and love your prety felt roses! A beauty indeed!!
    Hugs! :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. So so pretty Donna! LOVE those rolled flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ughhh---you're enabling me to buy again!! must get some of those dies and will check it out. what felt did you use?
    such a pretty card and i do love the splash of color with the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what wonderful flowers! they are so pretty and it looks store bought! you did a fabulous job with them. cute card too. hope you have a wonderful end to the week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOOOOOOW! This is so beautiful Donna! I LOVE those little felt flowers and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pearls and gorgeous colors....oh, Donna! I just love love love it all:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. just gorgeous Donna. Love the colours of your felt.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Donna this card is gorgeous! Those roses are so beautiful! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah, those roses make my heart sing! Super darling card, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty!! I love the roses :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so pretty, Donna! Love the mini rolled roses, the color combo is so yummy!

    Sorry I haven't been around, Donna! We are taking turn being sick for I don't even know how many weeks now... I lost track! :) Wishing you a happy beautiful weekend, lots of hugs! Hope we can chat soon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I sincerely enjoy your blog. I learn something new every time I visit it. Today you led me to the My Favorite Things blog. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete