Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'd like to share a recipe card--complete with a recipe!--that I created with Pilgrim Mary, one of the new Autumn Kids by Stephanie Ackerman for Purple Onion Designs.


Pilgrim Mary was colored with Copics, trimmed, and adhered to a card, printed with a recipe. I punched out a few maple leaves, ink distressed them and added them to the bottom, and tied a bit of Cappuccino twine on the top.

The recipe is a family favorite and goes well with ham. Feel free to adjust the amounts according to your liking. We'll definitely be preparing this for our Thanksgiving dinner.

I hope my US friends have a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving. Thanks so much for stopping by today.

Stamps: Purple Onion Designs
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Memento, Ranger distress ink
Other: Copics, Martha Stewart maple leaf punch, Twinery twine, dimensional adhesive, corner chomper

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous - happy thanksgiving - hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Gobble Gobble Day to you too.
    TFS on the recipe, cute card....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever and oh, so cute, Donna! Happy Thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute recipe card, the tumbling leaves are a great accent! This recipe is just like my grandma's, which I've eaten a toasted marshmellow but never the yams! :)
    Happy Thanksgiving Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Donna! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy thanksgiving donna!

    pilgrim mary is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous! Love how you coloured her in! Happy Thanksgiving Donna. I hope you and your family have a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A yummy card with a delicious recipe Donna. I like the punched leaves distressed to match.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Donna. Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw... what a cutie pilgrim, Donna! Love your recipe card, I got to try your Yummy Yams! I hope you had a wonderful and happy Thanksgiving with your family, I'm truly thankful for you!! Lots of love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So Cute....Sounds Yummy too! I add pineapple and a tiny bit of burbon along with all of that to mine! Hope you had a great TG...it is crunch time here!!! xoxoxo!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card and great idea! Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful!
    Hugs, Marilyn :))

    ReplyDelete
  13. OHHH! I have got to get me some of that green cardstock--LOOOOVE! I love that little pilgrim--beautiful coloring! I really love those shaded leaves too! BEAUTIFUL:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, this is WAY too fun, Donna! A card and a recipe all in one, so cute! Is there a magical way of aligning the recipe text?

    ReplyDelete