Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Birthday, Virginia!

My blogging friend Virginia Lu will be celebrating her (ahem!) "21st" birthday next month, and I'd like to share a card that I created for her, along with a little background on our friendship.


I first met Virginia several years ago in the Hero Arts Flickr group. What amazed me back then was that she kept using a single stamp (Hero Arts' Background Scallop Circle) in so many different ways. She formed umbrellas, apologizes for not having any heart stamps and then whips up a batch of hearts! Amazing!

Over the years, she has blossomed into an awesome, creative cardmaker and has been scooped up by numerous design teams and her work is always being noticed and recognized. And she just had her first card published and I'm sure there will be many, many more!

She continues to amaze me daily with her creativity, wit, and charm. If you aren't already a follower of her blog, then head over there and meet her! She's a super wife and mom, a worldwide traveler and a gourmet cook to boot. 


For Virginia's card, I white embossed Hero Arts' Circle Lace and added some felt roses and leaves. The sentiment was embossed and attached with dimensional adhesive.

If you'd like to celebrate Virginia's birthday, become a follower of her blog and create a card to mark this special occasion. Wish her a Happy Birthday and link your creation here and Virginia will offer some generous prizes to random entrants.

Happy 50th Birthday, dear Virginia! I know you'll continue to amaze and inspire us with your creativity and your talent. I wish that I could send you 50 real roses, but this card will have to suffice for now. Here's wishing you a fabulous day, today and EVERY day!

Stamps: Hero Arts
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Versamark, Ranger distress ink
Dies: My Favorite Things mini roses Die-namics
Other: Detail white embossing powder, felt, pearls, corner chomper, dimensional adhesive

20 comments:

  1. What a lovely tribute to Virginia, Donna! I ADORE this gorgeous card - the mix of a doily and beautiful colors of roses is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet and wonderful post for Virginia, Donna! Love your gorgeous card, and so will she! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a heartfelt post for Virginia! Your card is fantastic Donna! I love the roses and that doily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna your celebratory card and post is a beautiful tribute to Virginia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I SO agree with the 4 previous comments from our talented friends! Your card is simply stunning and exquisite, Donna! I remember your early comments that were so encouraging and that you made me keep trying out new stamps, styles and techniques. You just made me want to be a better stamper! I sincerely cherish our friendship! My family and I LOVE you and they know so much about you as they are fans of yours as well...did you know that? !Thank you from the bottom of my/our hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Virginia will surely love this pretty card. Thanks for the link to her blog. I'll go hop over for a visit now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely words, Donna and a beautiful
    card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just linked up your card to my blog now! Enjoy your Thanksgiving feast with the in-laws!! Give them extra BIG hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so lovely Donna, and what a great post about sweet Virginia, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Donna just perfect for sweet Virginia!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card and tribute to Virginia!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. aww this is so sweet... I know Virginia loves it..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Donna! Now I know Virginia will just adore this! How sweet of you to take a favorite stamp of hers to create your card, very special touch! Love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what an amazingly beautiful card Donna and a beautiful tribute to our delightful Virginia.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful post & card, Donna! I love that white embossed doily with the pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww this is such a sweet post! I love your card too Donna, the felt flowers are soo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous card, Donna! How sweet of you, Virginia is going to be delighted when she receive your card! You are right, Virginia totally ROCK!! Lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE this....I want to do it too but think mine will be REALLY late....:(!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOOOOVE the colors and the little flowers--and I LOVE that doily! Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So beautiful! Love the white doily, and the colors are so neat and lovely!

    ReplyDelete