Monday, November 7, 2011

Merriest wishes

Hello there! Today is the first day of Holiday Card Boot Camp and I can't wait to see what Kristina and Jennifer have in store for us!

Here's a card that I made for the Pre-Class Gallery using all Hero Arts stamps. The ornament die was stenciled and stamped before it was removed from the die. I stamped the sentiment from Very Merry Christmas and added some punched leaves and gemstones. 






The background was embossed with a stripes folder, and the ornament was attached with dimensional adhesive.

The next time I make a card with an ornament, I'll attach it in a way that the recipient can remove it and hang it on their tree.



I think I'll be sending this card to Vera for her Cards that Care card drive.

Thanks, always, for stopping by. Have a wonderful, crafty week, and I hope to see you in class!

Stamps: Hero Arts
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Versafine, Ranger distress inks
Tools: Spellbinders Heirloom ornament die, Couture Creations Pinstripes embossing folder, McGill leaf punch
Embellishments: gemstones, gold cord
Other: dimensional adhesive

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Donna! Great idea to let the recipient take it off the card to use on the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this!!! Want those dies so bad but am going to have to wait til next year....Your card is over the top GORGEOUS!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ornament card Donna!
    And the bg embossing is really pretty too....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh Donna this is stunning! Love your textured background distressed with ink and the ornament is so stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple and stylish - just perfect! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, elegant and classy, Donna! Just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So elegant Donna, really love the simplicity of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very beutiful in simple way, love it donna!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a classy, beautiful card!! WOW, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely Donna! I love that big ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Donna! So beautiful and perfectly crisp and clean!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE this gorgeous card! I just got those ornament dies and now I have perfect inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OHHHHHH! Donna--this is GORGEOUS! I love the scoring and I LOVE your inking inside the die! BEAUTIFUL colors--FABULOUS all around:) LOVE LOVE LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so beautiful Donna! I love the colours and the scoring on the card is fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is so elegant, Donna. I really like how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just so gorgeous Donna - adore it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. great idea to make the ornament in the future for removal! love all that you do donna!

    ReplyDelete