Saturday, November 19, 2011

peace•love•joy







Today I'd like to share a card that I made with Sweet Alpha Doodles from Sweet Stamp Shop. This set features Nicole's handwritten alphabets and numbers, along with some adorable doodle frames.

When I saw the smallest frame, it reminded me of an ornament, and a Christmas card was born.


I stamped the frame on patterned papers from My Mind's Eye and trimmed them out. I adhered them with dimensional adhesive and scribbled in the hanging strings.


The sentiment was made using the alphabets in the set, and I formed all the words without having to double up on the letters! Some gemstones were added and the card was done. Hooray for thinking "outside of the frame"!

Stamps: Sweet Stamp Shop
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Memento
Paper: My Mind's Eye Lime Twist
Other: gemstones, dimensional adhesive





And here's a heads up from Nicole. From now until Thanksgiving, the delightful Thanksgiving Owl-fits set is on sale for just $6! Once the stamp set is gone, it won't be reproduced, so get your set while you can.

Please visit Sweet Stamp Shop and don't forget to follow us on Twitter and "like" us on Facebook. And Nicole has uploaded some great videos on YouTube, too!

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you're having a wonderful, crafty weekend!


22 comments:

  1. How creative, Donna! Love those ornaments, and the wonderful design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How absolutely clever! Love the colors and love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how this turned out, Donna! Such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those paper piece ornaments are so adorable Donna!
    hugs:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so clever, Donna! Those sweet, little ornaments look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute, Donna! You've been making some wonderful holiday cards lately, love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever thinking batman.... what a great idea Donna... very innovative. Love the pretty colours your "ornaments" are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so clever Donna! Never would have thought to use the thought bubble as an ornament! Totally thinking out of the box on that one! This card is just super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool looking Christmas card Donna! Love the bling between the words and that frame is perfect for ornaments, you are so clever!
    Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is darling! I love your use of gems and colors!! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  11. And yes, you are a genius for using the word bubble as ornaments (WOW!)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Donna, you are so clever! I love this clean and simple card...and great choices of patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so clever, Donna...where I only see a frame; you see festive ornaments! And then you assemble them in such a delightful card...amazing and so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute Donna! Love those ornaments! Such a fun card :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. you are my hero donna! love your thinking 'out the box' mentality! love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Donna you have once again taken adorable to a new level!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is AMAZING--I love how you used that frame for an ornament! YOU are AMAZING! LOOOOOOOOVE the colors too! YOU ROCK:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Donna, I'm totally stealing is idea! Sheer brilliance! I expect nothing less.... You're so genius! So lucky to have you on the team! I hope u never leave us!!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are totally clever, Donna! Love your design and colors!! Lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVED this when I saw it on flickr and had to come here to follow! Thanks for great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete