Monday, November 28, 2011

Mimi in pink

Hello, friends! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and got some great Black Friday deals. I can't believe how quickly Thanksgiving came and now we're in Christmas mode!


Here's a card I made with Ornamental Mimi from Penny Black, in a non traditional color--pink! She was colored with Copics and I used Frosted Lace Stickles on the stars and the furry parts of her hat.

I used Reverse Wonky Rectangles and the faux letterpress technique on the frame. I swiped some Victorian Velvet distress ink on the inside of a Sizzix dots embossing folder and ran it through the Cuttlebug.

I've got to send this, and a few other Christmas cards to Vera and her card drive. I hope Mimi will bring a smile to someone this holiday season.

Thanks for stopping by today. I'm hoping to share a new release from Sweet Stamp Shop this week, along with some exciting news from Purple Onion Designs. Have a wonderful week!

Stamps: Penny Black
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Memento, Ranger distress ink
Other: Copics, Spellbinders die, Sizzix embossing folder, Frosted Lace Stickles, dimensional adhesive

15 comments:

  1. Very, very cute Christmas card! I love the image and how you colored it. The untraditional color choices made the card delightful. I wasn't aware that there was a new type of Stickles....going to look for it. Oh, and I like the interesting card shape too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card Donna!
    Mimi is adorable as ever love the colour choices too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna I love the colors of your card and all the fun sparkle. Your Mimi is sure to deliver a smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This adorable card will definitely put a smile on someone's face, Donna! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh, she is just adorable Donna! Lovelovelove!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a sweet pink card! I do love how this one turned out. you must teach me how to use my wonky rectangles! lol! love what you did here. hope you have a great week! got some good deals on black friday too...but it's a little crazy yah! gonna try get some cyber monday shopping in today! shhh! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pink, she looks so sweet and the added sparkle looks so festive! Super cute card, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super sweet! Adore those lace stickles on the hat! So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooo cute....You know I LOVE Pink anytime of the year!! This card is sure to make someone smile Big!! Hugs.....(Crazy Busy here....Almost done here and then get to do it all over again!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a cute card Donna... those wonky rectangles are on my wish list for Christmas. Love your sweet little Mimi.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw... this is so sweet and adorable, Donna! Love how you've colored Mimi, and I love the pink for Christmas! Lots of hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww this is so cute Donna! Love how you coloured her in. Such a pretty Christmas card :)

    ReplyDelete