Tuesday, December 13, 2016

2016 Winter Coffee Lovers Blog Hop

 
Happy National Hot Cocoa Day! I'm joining the 2016 Winter Coffee Lovers 
Blog Hop with a card celebrating this auspicious and tummy warming day.
Personally, I don't remember the last time that I had a some hot cocoa, but
I do remember that mini marshmallows were involved.

 

I totally CASE'd my MFT teammie Laurie's card. I used the Stitched Jumbo
Fishtail STAX and cut them from Milk Chocolate card stock. Two mugs were
cut from watercolor card stock and ink distressed in holiday colors. I added
the cocoa and mini marshmallows inside the mug, and a small snowflake
on the outside of each mug.


I created a hinge on the largest banner so the card could stand and open. The
sentiment was white embossed on the second largest banner, and adhered to
the card base with dimensional adhesive. Lastly, the mugs were adhered
beneath the sentiment. I love shaped cards--thanks, Laurie!

 Big thanks to Amy and her helpers for rounding up the awesome sponsors and
pulling off another successful hop!



25 comments:

  1. Love! Gorgeous cups and those marshmallows

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahoooooooooooo Donna!
    What a beauty of a cocoa card. I know that you're an iced coffee kind of girl but it sounds like you need to spoil yourself with a cocoa today with extra marshmallows :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, this is gorgeous, Donna! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Card - these Colors rocks - perfect for the Winter Coffee Lovers Blog Hop !

    Imke~ My Crafty Place

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is simply yummy looking!!! Now I am craving cocoa and I am not even a cocoa drinker.. Thank you for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowsers! This is so well done. Your coloring is fabulous. I just love this card design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, the brown makes it look so inviting. Cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute card and the brown paper is genius.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this, Donna. Unique banner shape and gorgeous inking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Your distressing on the cups looks amazing! This is SUCH A cute card!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great coloring.love how the colors stand out against the brown background.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful, love the chocolate brown card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks like a rich cup of cocoa! I love your card and the little marshmallows!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this looks so REAL!! I LOVE the coloring and the brown background. Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw this and had to pop in. It's divine! Love your coloring and detail!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how this looks like your cups are glowing :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Donna, those cocoa cups are gorgeous! LOVE your coloring and details on them

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh! Love the shape of this and your mugs... so gorgeous! They look so real and dimensional! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fabulous card Donna! I love the banner shape of the card and how much beautiful depth and dimension you added with the inking on the mugs!

    ReplyDelete