Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Color Hues Challenge #91 -- Red and Green

I'm joining the latest Color Hues Challenge to use hues of RED and GREEN.

 
 
I tried NOT to think of Christmas using other card ideas, but in the end I caved 
and went all in for the holiday.
 

 I reached for The Greetery's BotaniCuts Mistletoe and shaded the branch and 
berries using the same colored ink as the card stock. I assembled the branch
and found an embossed panel that was the perfect piece for the background.


I adhered the mistletoe branch and added the loopy bow cut from gold glitter card 
stock. I tried a white glitter bow (underwhelming) and a red bow (overwhelming)
and in the end the gold won. A simple sentiment from Altenew finished off the card.

I have about a week left to enter another card and I really want to try a non
Christmas theme. We shall see. Thanks so much for stopping by!


7 comments:

  1. So glad you caved for a Christmas card. This one is fabulous! I love the mistletoe arrangement, and agree the embossed background is just perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues! (I'll be on the lookout for another card.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, it was meant to be! Chef's kiss for your mistletoe - and OHHHH that embossing is FANTASTIC!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think most of us decided that Christmas was the way to go. Your card is just lovely, Donna! I do love that background and your whimsical bow! Thanks for taking the time to join us at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna your mistletoe is so lovely! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The white embossed background is the perfect foil for those die cut mistletoe sprigs Donna. Thanks for being inspired by the colours at Color Hues. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This branch fits the challenge beautifully, Donna! I love it on the white embossing with that sparkly bow!

    ReplyDelete