Friday, August 16, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches #649 AND Color Throwdown Challenge #806

It's not often that I enter two challenges but the stars aligned for Freshly Made

So here's the sketch.

And here's the color palette.


 
And here's my card that combines both.


The nest and eggs were tossed in the holder for the dies and I don't know why I made
yellow eggs but I had an "aha!" moment and added the greenery. I love it when I don't
have to work too much.

I loosely followed the sketch although I thought about using an MFT hexagon die
but went rogue with the nest. I had to turn the orientation of the card to landscape 
format because the nest took up a lot of the card's real estate in portrait mode.

I stamped the sentiment on a patterned paper strip and embossed the background
with a dotty embossing folder. Done, with days to spare! Yay! 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
 
 


4 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty card! I love the greenery and little flowers in the nest. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fresh and beautiful, Donna! Perfect for both challenges!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on the sketch! Your nest and eggs are just gorgeous and beautifully shaded. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete