Saturday, December 11, 2021

Inspired by Challenge 199C -- Tweet Winter

I'm linking up another project to Inspired by Challenge because of the chubby guy
in the graphic. And I happen to have a flock of bird stamps and dies.
 
 
I used Laurel's simple sketch, too.


The bird and branches are Nestled from Penny Black. I tried to channel the amazing
Jill Foster to color the bird, but ended up ink blending him because the first two 
attempts were a watercolored mess. 
 
A band of color was blended per the sketch design and I adhered the bird and
branches and finished off with the sentiment from Hero Arts.
 
Hope your weekend is going well. Thanks so much for stopping by!
 
 

9 comments:

  1. This is just stunning!! I love the shading of the bird and your simple background. Amazing design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have I just met my newest bird die? Donna, he's magnificent! I see you're still the very best at creating a card using a Sketch - well done, my friend! and thanks so much for playing cards with us at Inspired By again!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marisela Delgado said: Hi, Donna! I don't comment often on your blog. I just quietly admire, but, girl, this card! I just had to say something. It's gorgeous, stunning, and just so sweet! I love it. Well done! ☺ Feliz Navidad and warm hugs from San Antonio, Texas. ☺☺ Marisela Delgado mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna this is such a beautiful interpretation of the inspiration. Just so gentle! How are you enjoying those grandbabies of yours? Yes I have mixed feeling about not doing the tags this year and I DO miss you too my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply gorgeous, Donna! I'm sure the other birds were beautiful, too. Hugs, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply beautiful! Love this CAS design and the sweet little bird...the blended colors definitely stand out too!
    Thank you for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It doesn't matter how he received his lovely colors, he's darling! Such a delightful card, Donna. I'm so happy to see it in our IB gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, your bird is so beautiful, Donna! Your coloring absolutely brings him to life. The ombre blue strip is the perfect background for him. Love this card!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete