Monday, December 20, 2021

Believe in the Magic of Christmas

 I'm sharing my last holiday card for the year and a technique I learned from the
recent Online Card Class. Richard Breaks shared some amazing Aurora borealis skies
and I couldn't resist giving it a try. 
 

I started with a rather dark cardstock from my scrap pile and blended blues and
Distress Oxide inks for the glow. I spattered some stars, then added the glittery
"believe" and silver embossed the second part of the sentiment


I finished off the card with a star that came from a Hero Arts retro die set. I don't 
think it was intended to be a star but it worked for my card.

The sky passed the test with my husband when I asked him what the design was
supposed to be. Decades ago, he would travel to Alaska for his sales job and got to see
 the Aurora borealis in person o I was quite pleased with his answer.

I'd like to take this time to with you a very Merry Christmas and I hope Santa
brings you what you wish for!