Friday, March 26, 2021

One Cup at a Time


 
I'm linking up one project to the Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Hop on the
very last day, just under the wire. Thank goodness for DST. I think I made it.
 
Here's my card, using a panel of stenciled flowers that wasn't perfect but
works out fine for a ceramic coffee cup.


I've been playing with layered stencils and Altenew's Hill Blossoms arrived 
together with their detailed blending brushes. I am super messy, no matter how
much I mask. So a smudged panel was cut with a Marianne Design mug die
and inked around the edges.

 
I ran a kraft card base through an old embossing folder for a bit of texture, and
remembered to stamp the sentiment before that for a better impression.
I trimmed the panel a bit to let the cup extend beyond the edges, then
popped up the mug.
 
Thanks to Amy, and her Coffee Crew for another successful hop! 

* * * 
 

Edited to add: My card was chosen as a Designer Pick by Helen!
Thank you so much!


13 comments:

  1. Stunning Donna, love the stencilling on the mug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Beautiful cup and card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marisela Delgado said: It looks perfect to me. It's gorgeous! So beautiful! �������� mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness, Donna! That is the prettiest cup, and you've painted on the perfect pattern! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so classy and elegant! One of my very favorite cards from the entire Coffee Lover's blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a pretty card, full of beautiful color and sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful cup you created, Donna! The stenciled flowers look just like they're printed on a ceramic cup!
    The background coffee bean texture is perfect for the challenge! I love this card!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna, the cup you've created for this card is so beautiful. Would like one of these for my coffee. tfs-stay well.

    ReplyDelete