Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Mushroom House

I recently bought Simon Says Stamp's Mushroom House Wafer Die so that
the gnomes in my stash would finally have a home. 
 
At the last minute, I decided to turn this into a "miss you" card to send to my 
mother in law who is in a skilled nursing facility on another island.
 

I die cut the house from watercolor card stock, then ink distressed all the
pieces and set them aside. The background was ink distressed in two colors
to separate the sky from the ground. Grass was sketched in with Copic
markers and the two part sentiment was white embossed.


I'm hoping we'll get to see her soon, but for now, this card will have to suffice.
I'm entering it in Simon Says Stamp's Flickr challenge to share your favorite
technique, and of course, mine is ink distressing!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Donna, I don't know how you add such dimension with blending, but girl - you do it SO beautifully!
    I'm so sorry your visits have been affected by this virus - prayers for your mother in law, and hugs for you! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the idea of using this for a "miss you" card, Donna. Adding gnomes will make delightful cards, but with your beautiful coloring, you certainly don't need them. tfs-stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your exquisite ink-distressing, Donna! It's simply gorgeous! The mushroom house is so pretty and looks dimensional. It's so sweet of you to make this card for your mother-in-law. I'm sure she'll adore it.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete