Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Inspired By...a rainbow of color


Squeezing in my card for the current Inspired By Challenge #121 which is
all about RAINBOWS.


https://theseinspiredchallenges.blogspot.com/2020/04/inspired-bya-rainbow-of-color.html


I was inspired by the dome shaped openings and of course, the gorgeous colors.




I used an old Sizzix Framelit set of rounded tags and ink distressed each size
with two colors of Hero Arts Reactive ink. I splashed them with water and 
white paint and gold embossed the sentiment, then let them dry.




This is my second attempt with the arrangement. The earlier layout looked
too much like a rainbow, which is not exactly what I wanted. So I offset each
piece a little to give the appearance of a reversed hallway.
 
I adhered the pieces to a white card base, then finished off the card with
gold stars and sequins. It's not easy to see but at the last moment I added
a strip of white card stock on the edge to ground the design.

Ok, off I go to link this up--finally! Thanks so much for stopping by!


7 comments:

  1. I love everything about this card! Your distressing and sentiment are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, I love your take on the challenge! Beautiful card! 🌈

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, we are thrilled to have you play at IB! squeaking in is fine with us! LOOK at this gorgeous blending... it's your trademark, for sure, and perfect every time!
    LOve the final arrangement and how it mimics those arches.
    Thanks so much for playing cards with IB!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the unique take on a rainbow design that captures the arched look of the photo. tfs-stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been admiring this card, Donna! I love this half-toned and reversed hallway! It's gorgeous and so creative. And you chose a perfect sentiment!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete