Wednesday, January 22, 2014

CASE Study #175

It's a new week and time for another CASE Study Challenge!
I can't begin to tell you what a thrill it is being January's Muse and seeing all
the fun and creative takes on my cards. It just blows me away!


Here's my super simplified take on the original card.


I used the gorgeous washi tape (Thank you, Alice!) that was my inspiration for
the original card, to ground the sentiment. I stamped and gold embossed random dots
and added a bit of gold to the bottom of the "hello" along with a few gold sequins.
  Can you tell I'm loving the gold trend?


I hope you'll play along this week, and don't forget to stop by CASE Study
to see how the design team, and guest designer Erin, worked their magic.

Thanks so much for stopping by!


16 comments:

  1. Both cards are stunning again, Donna! Yes, loving the gold trend, too!
    Vanessa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have absolutely walked right up to the gold trend and given it a big, warm hug like it was your long lost friend. And that friend loves you right back. Love your gold, Donna, love your gold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another stunner Donna! Love the card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is really gorgeous, Donna! I love your original so much (I cased it a few weeks ago), and your new card is just amazing! I love how you used gold embossing powder with the bold pink...it's so classy, and the Washi complements it perfectly! You are on fire, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous Donna. Love the real CAS version you created.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another stunner! Love both of your cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cool cards Donna, love the gold dip too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's hard to imagine cranking out another card as amazing as the first but leave it to you to be able to do it. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I JUST received some gold embossing powder yesterday!! Guess why I ordered it?! Because YOU are making me LOVE the gold trend too!! I was so bummed that I didn't get a chance to play along last week, but this week, I am playing FOR SURE!! Love your re-take, Donna! Dipping the bottom of the hello was brilliant! And super love that you used the washi tape on your project that inspired the original card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved your original and LOVE how your retake. I am in awe at how perfectly random your dots and sequins are. And the gold embossing on the letters is divine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great retake of your card Donna! I love how you gold embossed only the lower part of the sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't think you could top your original card!! But your retake is simply breathtakingly beautiful!!! Love both of your cards very much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning work, I love the bright, warm inviting colors!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  14. So fabulous that you are the muse this month! Your cards are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete