Tuesday, February 13, 2024

The Flower Challenge #88 -- Add a Heart

 
I'm so happy to see The Flower Challenge back from a well deserved hiatus.
This month's challenge theme is to Add a Heart and it gave me a chance to use
some (two year old) Greetery products that were still in their packaging. Oh my!
 
 
Here's my card and I'm hoping that the heart isn't too overwhelming.


The heart wood slice was assembled and spattered then topped with Forget-Me-Nots that
were colored with Zig markers. I had no idea what color forget-me-nots were until I looked 
it up, so I apologize for these bright pink ones.
 
 
I added the love word and popped up the heart on Altenew's Masonry Wall. At the last 
minute I decided to add the sub sentiment to balance out the design.

I might redeem myself and color these blooms again in their "proper" color.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
 
* * * 
 
Edited to add: 

Many thanks to The Flower Challenge ladies for choosing my card as the  
winner for Challenge 88! Honored to display this badge.

 
 

5 comments:

  1. I LOve your bright pinks, Donna - maybe they could be Sweet William's instead?? No matter - it's the fabulous star of the card heart you've added that makes me love it more! [Every time I see this wall, I kick myself for not buying it! - next time!]
    Thank you for such a beautiful way to say welcome back, my friend! We never fail to love seeing you in our gallery! x
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna what a beautiful card. I love the wood heart and those pretty posies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Stood out in the gallery, so I had to come take a look. Wonderful texture on the heart slice and background. Forget-me-nots are blue, but look lovely in pink too! Thanks for playing over at the Flower Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spotted your gorgeous card at the Flower Challenge, Donna - love it!! Hope all is well with you from a former Hero Hostess :)

    ReplyDelete