Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches #609 -- Guest Designer

 
I was invited to join Freshly Made Sketches 609 after my card, along with other winners,
 was chosen for their celebratory Freshly Made Sketches 600.
 
Here's the fantastic sketch--just look at all of the elements!
 
 
I was a little overwhelmed, so I simplified the sketch to more my style.


I used a rounded arch for the central element and substituted branches for the fishtail
strips which helped to perch the bird. A strip of kraft was embossed with a wood plank 
folder, then distressed with white pigment ink. I embossed the sentiment and adhered 
all of the elements to the card base. The finishing touch was a spattering of snow with
some white paint.
 

You have until Monday, October 30th at 3:00 PM EST to enter. Come and join the fun!
Huge thanks to Karren and the rest of the FMS team for inviting me to join you this week.
 
 

6 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful design, Donna! I love your bird! Thank you for joining us at FMS to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a wonderful guest designer, Donna! I LOVE that darling bird on the branches - you had fantastic vision for Judy's Sketch! Bravo, my friend!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that sweet birdie! Beautiful holidat card! Thanks for being such a fabulous guest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a creative way to use that sketch, Donna! Congratulations on your Guest Design spot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, Donna! I just love this bird and your background elements are so pretty! Thanks so much for joining us as a guest designer this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! This wee bird is just the cutest and I love how you interpreted the sketch. Thanks so much for guesting with us this week.

    ReplyDelete