Sunday, July 9, 2023

The Flower Challenge #82 -- Clean and Simple

It's a new month--I can't believe we're into JULY!--and a new challenge over at
The Flower Challenge. This month the challenge theme is CAS, Clean and Simple,
one of my favorite card styles.

 


The background was made using Altenew's Organic Linen 3D Embossing Folder.
The coneflower petals were colored and assembled and I DIY'd a stem. The bloom was
adhered to the card and finished off with a gold embossed sentiment. I wish you could
see the shiny sentiment. I always struggle with capturing metallic embossing.
 
While the overall design is CAS, I'm wondering if all those layers make this a
"clean and layered" project? Well, either way, I'm off to link this up.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Donna, there are so many different opinions of what CAS design should be - to me, it is less about rules and more about the simplicity of the design. Your darling Coneflower is a perfect example of my idea of CAS: one clear focal point and lots of white. I love that you embossed that space - it's perfection, my friend.
    Thanks for playing along - we always appreciate you!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful as always and is a great CAS design, Donna! I love how you colored only the base of the petals ! Thank you so much for playing at The Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that coneflower die and you have colored it beautifully, Donna. I especially love the color of the 'cone'. Adding a stem was a great way to ground it. Thanks for sharing this beauty with us at The Flower Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, your coneflower looks so lovely against the great texture of the embossed background and the gold sentiment adds a nice touch of elegance. A beautiful CAS design! Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge!

    Stef, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning CAS card Donna, I just love it ! Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' too ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete