Monday, March 13, 2023

The Flower Challenge #78 -- DIE CUTS OR STENCILS

 This month's challenge at The Flower Challenge is to use DIE CUTS or STENCILS with
flowers as the main focus of your card.
 

I've been seeing several rainbow blooms on Instagram. They include Ilda and Aileen's
rainbow cone flower and Caly's gorgeous sunflower.

I thought I'd give rainbow coloring a try with Simon Says Stamp's Sunflower Petals
which Caly mentioned was meant to be made as a colorful bloom.
 

 After die cutting the four petals in the set, I inked them with distress inks and tried
to overlap the colors when transitioning to the next color. The center was cut from
kraft card stock and inked with dark brown ink.
 

 After assembling the sunflower, I splattered on some gold paint and adhered it to an 
embossed card base. I finished off with a foiled sentiment from The Stamp Market
Wouldn't it be fun to see a field of rainbow flowers IRL?

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Well, it is OBVIOUSLY a sunflower now that I can see it up close and personal! Donna, a rainbow bloom of any name could not be more sweet! Lovely seeing you in our gallery again, my friend! x
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous Donna. Love this rainbow sunflower

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a bright splash of colour with your gorgeous daisy Donna, love it! Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) VIv DTxx

    ReplyDelete