Monday, March 6, 2023

Inspired by GILDED LEAVES

This week's challenge theme at Inspired by Challenge is GILDED LEAVES.
 Here's the challenge graphic and Laurel's sketch.
 
 
And here's my card which was inspired by both the photo and the sketch.

Since the challenge was posted on National Old Stuff Day, we were challenged to use 
an item that is older than a year. Leaf Fragment Dies by Tim Holtz fit the bill as they
made their debut in August 2021. 
 

I cut them out from light green card stock then added more color with Distress Oxide
inks. Gold paint was added to the tips and spattered on top. After they were completely
dried, I crushed them for a bit of dimension.

I used a really old tree trunk embossing folder by We R Memory Keepers. And that 
foiled sentiment is from The Stamp Market. For those of us who don't own a foiling 
machine but love the shine 😁

I'd better link this up--I'm a little early for once! Thanks for stopping by.



5 comments:

  1. oh my word donna, this is perfect! I love how you were inspired. Thanks for joining us at the Inspired by Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a stunning creation Donna! those leaves look so pretty too, great card. Sorry I am so late leaving comments also ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those leaves might be on the older side of your supplies, Donna, but they are as fresh and gorgeous as the day they released - and are STILL on my wishlist!
    Absolutely fabulous card, my friend!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Loving all of the texture on this card! Thanks for play

    ReplyDelete