Monday, April 8, 2013

Celebrate Shaker Card

I loved Julie Ebersole's video tutorial on making a simple shaker card.
Simple because it requires NO sewing--my kind of card.
She used washi tape to seal the edges of the shaker and when I saw that,
I wanted to make one, too.


I stamped the sentiment and stars from Avery Elle and filled the pouch
with sequins and wood veneer stars. The stars help to open up the pouch
so the sequins have more room to move about.


I loved making this shaker card. Using washi tape is genius!
To form the shaker pocket, I used some transparency copier film
that you can find at an office supply store.

Go here to the Ellen Hutson Classroom to see Julie's tutorial
and give these shaker cards a go. Fun to make and fun for your recipient, too.

I'm going to squeeze this into Simon Says Stamp's Challenge
to create a Birthday/Celebration card.
Happy 4th, Simon Says Stamp!

SUPPLIES:

14 comments:

  1. LOVE your shaker card, Donna! So cute with the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would make a shaker card like this! Directions for shaker cards are typically complicated!! This is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, Donna! Love how yours turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love your Washi-taped sequin designs (thanks for the link to Julie's tutorial)! I also love that you add the wood veneer stars! This is absolutely prefect, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link Donna!!! Love this idea and your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, and what fun shaker contents! You don't get much better than sequins and wood veneers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on Julies technique! Love the sequins and stars...so fun and so very CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool shaker card! I love the wood veneers mixed with the sequins! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh, this is amazing! How did I miss this from Julie?! I love the fun colors you used with lots of white space in the background! Love how it's a "big" card-size shaker too! I need to copy you now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card, Donna! Love the citrus colors and the scattered sequins and stars within, absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, OBVIOUSLY, I am catching up on blog posts, because HERE is a wonderful shaker card with wood veneer inside! Great point about it holding the sides apart for the sequins to move about (that was always my beef with the shakers, I hated when things got stuck and then it appeared "broken"). Beautiful, fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a fun way to create shaker!! thanks for the link, Donna! you are an inspiration, girl!

    ReplyDelete