Friday, April 12, 2013

Amazing birthday


Tomorrow we help a good friend celebrate her 90th birthday.
Her family requested "no gifts" but I wanted to make her a shaker card
since it's so much fun to make and I think she'll appreciate it.


I followed Julie's tutorial again and added sequins and wood veneer stars
into the pocket before I sealed the edges with washi tape. 
 
This time I used a sentiment from Happy Every Day, the stamp set
that came with the April 2013 Card Kit from Simon Says Stamp.

I hope Catherine likes it and I can't wait to see her shake it.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

SUPPLIES:

20 comments:

  1. A very special card for a very special day! She will adore this, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your washi shakers (washakers?):) So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect card for the occasion, Donna - she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bright, fun colours on this, Donna! I'm sure your friend will be thrilled with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving your shaker cards!! Happy birthday to the honored guest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this very colorful sequin-shaker card! Totally fab! Happy birthday to this special friend, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huh, I don't think I've ever seen wood veneer in a shaker before ... great idea! A little more substantial than the usual stuff. The whole card is so very bright and happy! Lovely, Donna : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Donna, I am sure your friend will love it.

    Thanks also for the heads up about the CASology challenge.
    Hugs
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  9. So Cute...You are the Best Friend!! She will love this Happy Card...I need to try this! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. She will treasure this, Donna! It is so well done! Happy Birthday to her!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun card! I've gotta try this :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SHUT UP!!! Love your shaker, chica!!! So CUTE!!! Hope your sweet friend enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. must try this technique for shaker!! super fun card, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a clever and fun idea...Love your 'Washaker' card, Donna!!!

    ReplyDelete