Friday, November 30, 2012

Got Snowflakes?

Ever since I saw this fabulous shaped card by my friend Sarah,
I wanted to make one, too. Sarah loves making shaped cards as much as I do.

I bought the stamp when it was Hero Arts' Stamp of the Week--did you?--picked up 
the matching die and the fun began.


 After inking up the stamp, I spritzed it with water and then stamped it 
for a watercolored look. The sentiments are from a discontinued Hero Arts set.


I also stamped a few snowflakes without spritzing, but I like the melty snowflake look.
The snowflakes are a nice size and can be either a card or a tag.
And being "scissors impaired", I'm getting quite spoiled with stamps
that have matching dies!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful weekend!

SUPPLIES:

17 comments:

  1. Stunning - stunning - stunning Donna, love what you created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I think they are both beautiful, but my favourite is the one with the watercoloured look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Donna, love these, such pretty snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE these beautiful shaped cards, Donna! Such a gorgeous color! (Had to giggle at your "scissors impaired" comment!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love these, Donna - what is it about snowflakes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are BEAUTIFUL, Donna! Love the watercolor look! Thanks for the shout out too. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS!!! Love this....Perfect color BTW HA! :) Now I need this Die and Stamp.....xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Donna! These are both gorgeous! What a perfect color blue ink, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are really pretty! Love that shade of blue....and congrats on winning the first Little Tangles challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully inspired shape card, Donna! Love the muted tones and water-spritzing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable Donna. It really does make a very pretty tag or card. Versatile for sure

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cool cruise through your blog Donna. I love your work! Lots of great inspiration here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is my favorite color and love the water color technique ... so very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. simply beautiful! love the icy blue/aqua. just perfect. i think i NEED this die and stamp set! =)

    ReplyDelete