Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Sweet Birthday Blog Hop!


Hello, friends! Welcome to Sweet Stamp Shop's blog hop in honor of Nicole's dad whose birthday happens to be today!

Happy Birthday, Patrick!

To celebrate this momentous occasion, Nicole is offering a 20% discount off your total purchase when you enter code DAD20 at checkoout. How sweet is that? And free shipping, too! (Only to the US and Canada.) This birthday special is good from Thursday, September 15th thru Sunday, the 18th.

Also, how would you like a little taste of something "sweet" to add to your stamp collection? Leave a comment on my blog and all the blogs on the hop (there are only 9 total) between now and Sunday, the 18th, and we will draw the names of 2 lucky winners for ONE STAMP SET OF YOUR CHOICE! Winners will be announced here on Monday, September 19th.

I hope you arrived here from Lindsay's blog. If not, start at the beginning and hop your way through the design team's blogs for lots of sweet inspiration.

Here is the blog hop order. Don't forget to leave some sweet comments along the way--I know the DT will really appreciate them!

              Donna--you are here!


For my simple card dedicated to Patrick, I used the Sweet Tooth stamp set. I  just love that gumball machine!

The "Happy Birthday" was used from the Scootin' By stamp set.










I used a blue violet/green/orange color combo and colored all the images with Copics. The gumball machine was attached with dimensional adhesive.


I scribbled in the "guy" part of the sentiment, and although I've never met Patrick, I just know he's a sweet guy, since Nicole inherited his sweetness!

Remember to use the code DAD20 from now till Sunday for 20% off your total in the Sweet Stamp Shop store, along with FREE shipping to the US and Canada!

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your next stop is uber talented Savannah! I can't wait to see what she has in store for you. Happy hoppin' and shoppin'!

Stamps: All Sweet Stamp Shop
Ink: Memento
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Other: Copics, corner rounder, dimensional adhesive

41 comments:

  1. love your cute birthday card Donna.. the color combo is just awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card, LOVE the color scheme and what a fun border stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great yummy gumball card.... luv the colors....

    ReplyDelete
  4. super fun colors and a super cute image... love the stamp set!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Certainly is a "sweet" card Donna. Love the coloured gumballs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun and sweet card, Donna! Great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally perfect Donna! Love that color combo and your coloring is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna, you've done it again! Between the coloring and the layout... this is just *the* cutest! I'm so thankful you're a Sweet Tooth Girl! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colors on this card! Fab design too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your design. Super cute card! Love how you added "guy". :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hehehe, super sweet indeed Donna. Love the theme, and love the colors you chose.
    hope ur doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute card, this is my favorite stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great card D....I LOVE that gumball machine such a great stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a super sweet card!! It's totally masculine and perfect!! LOVE your CAS design:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your CAS "guy" card Donna! Beautiful coloring and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  16. with the colors you uses it definitely is a guy card. I was reminded of gumballs found in little boys denim pockets....nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great card! Love the colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just got this set, Donna and now you've given me some fabulous inspiration! I love your coloring and the CAS design of your birthday card! I'm quickly becoming a Sweet Stamp Shop fan!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely perfect card, love the colors and the simple layout! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW... awesome coloring, Donna!! You make the image shine, totally gorgeous card! LOVE it!! Hope you are having a beautiful week, hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How do I not own this set yet!!?? I just love how you used it on this card. hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is super cute, Donna! Love this so much!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Perfect! Love the design, the colors, your coloring! Just everything! Vanessa x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Donna, I love the blue gumball machine! I'd never have the guts to try any other color but red...sigh. I LOVE it! Did you cut out and attach the gumballs inside the machine, or do you stamp and mask? So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You should go into creating fonts Donna. I couldn't believe you matched it perfectly to the other font designs in the set!! I agree, that gumball machine is sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello....Anita from Alle mooie dingen, linked me to your bllog.....she said that i had to take a look, and she was right.
    Wow........you make beautiful cards. So special....
    I am going to follow your blog.
    Greetings from Holland.
    Bianca xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like this!!! I need to CASE this!!! Clean and Simple with lots of colors and definitely a "smile" sort of card :>)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the sentiment! Great idea to make it a masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  29. this is amazing.. I LOVE the CAS feeling this has.. and the colors are amazing.. great guy card... HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  30. perfect guy card - love that gumball machine!

    ReplyDelete
  31. so great! i totally thought the 'guy' was a stamp. you need to 'scribble' on your cards more often!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I LOVE this card! It is so simple yet so elegant! You have really good handwriting, I thought you stamped "guy" I love the way you rounded the corners of your card, I am going to try that!

    www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com
    america57@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  33. Did anyone tell you your handwriting looks like it could be a stamp? super nice!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Just adorable Donna, love what you created.

    ReplyDelete
  35. fabulous simple design and LOVE the colors you used. wonderful card for a guy!

    ReplyDelete