Friday, September 9, 2011

hello

Oh my, I can't believe it's been a week since I've posted! Today I'll share another card made with Penny Black's Winter Swing slapstick stamp. This time, I stamped the image with brown ink, and colored it with Copics which gives it a softer look than colored pencils.


I used Reverse Wonky Rectangles--AGAIN??--and embossed the frame with a Sizzix folder to add a bit of texture. The frame was distressed lightly with Antique Linen distress ink. The sentiment is by Kim Hughes for Cornish Heritage Farms.

Stamps: Penny Black, Cornish Heritage Farms
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Memento, Ranger distress ink
Other: Copics, Nestabillities, Sizzix embossing folder, dimensional adhesive




And if you Penny Black, visit my blogging friend Elizabeth Allan. She's having a giveaway of an adorable woodblock stamp together with a handmade card to a lucky commenter on this post. The only requirement? That you love rubber stamping and you'll give the stamp a good home with lots of inky love.

I'm proud to say that I've received a card from Elizabeth, and just owning her card would be such a treat!

Thanks for stopping by today! I'll be sharing more Penny Black cards soon. I hope whatever you do, you'll have a wonderful weekend!

17 comments:

  1. Donna you are so sweet!! Your heart and creative talent are soooo BIG!

    Love, love, love your card. You rock Reverse Wonky Rectangles and what can I saw about your coloring - FABULOUS. Hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another stunner Donna. Love those dies too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the cutest image!! Colored so beautifully too, Donna! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, your card is so sweet I love those wonky rectangles, and I really need to get that embossing folder (Lin has it and I've admired it for so long!). Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Donna~
    Luv that wonky rectangles, such a very pretty card.... cute image, and gorgeous coloring....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooooo CUTE my Friend!! Do you know I had all of these PB kids from Way back and SOLD them on Ebay???? So mad I did that.....Love them!!Love this sweet card you created.....Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, she is so sweet and I love how you've colored her in the soft colors! Love the wonky rectangle, it looks great...why fight it! ;)
    Beautiful card Donna, hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delicious!! Love the Copic coloring, too! Your cards make my heart sing! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. soooo cute Donna. What a difference it makes colouring in different mediums. Both cards are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw... I love this sweet card, Donna! The image is so sweet, and your coloring is beautiful! Have a beautiful weekend, my sweet friend! Lots of hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love everything about this sweet card, Donna! Spotted this beauty at Penny Black's FB!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're making me want to buy this wonky nestie Donna! I love this soft look too, both cards are beautiful--either card would make the recipient happy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, this is so pretty, Donna! Your Copic coloring is so soft and delicate. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a darling card, Donna! love your pretty and soft coloring on the image, too. so so pretty! LOVE! hope you have a beautiful weekend, my friend! =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You make colouring look so effortless and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OHHH! I love your embossed frame and the shading around your image--BEAUTIFULLY done:)

    ReplyDelete