Thursday, September 1, 2011

Penny Black goodness

Hello, friends! Happy September! Honestly, where did the month of August go? This month will be super busy for me. Our kitchen renovation will begin and I'm trying to imagine what the demolition process will be like and wondering how much crafting time I'll have with construction going on. Wish me luck!

For the recent Penny Black ATC swap, I was partnered with Jie Ying in Singapore. Here are her ATCs that she sent me using her Penny Black stamps. Aren't they adorable? Little works of art. I just love that hedgie!





And she even included a birthday card for me--I love the little peephole! Thank you so much, Jie Ying!



Lastly, here's a card that I made with Penny Black's Magical Mimi. I used pastels for a different look and colored the image with Copics. Her dress and the mushrooms were popped up with dimensional adhesive.

Reverse Wonky Rectangles were used for the card base, and I embossed the frame with Cuttlebug's Swiss Dots embossing folder.

I applied some Glossy Accents to the bee, butterfly, and ladybug, and some Diamond Stickles to Mimi's wings. The sentiment is from Nina Brackett's Heartily Yours Additions.


Thanks, always, for stopping by! See you soon!

18 comments:

  1. Lucky you Donna receiving those fabulous ATC's. I also love your card, great coloured with pastel colours. Hope the kitchen alterations go well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, your Mimi card is ADORABLE! I love the soft pastels! Beautiful ATC's from Jie Ying too!

    Good luck with the new kitchen! Will you be taking photos of the before, during and after to share?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those ATC's are so Fun....Love them and your Mimi card is ADORABLE!!! I don't have her yet...must grab her when I order some Christmas ones!!!! xoxoxo....Have a great day d...Miss u!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Donna!
    How are you?!! Sorry it's been a while, but I'm here now and am in awe of all that crafty goodness here. :) The ATC cards are adorable and the bday card is sweet! Love ur card, it's super cute.
    Hope you have a great day!!
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Donna~
    How exciting, you will soon be having your new kitchen done for the Holidays... I can see you in there baking and whipping up some exotic meals for everyone.... Yummy!
    Anyhoo - all those cards are totally pretty... luv yours alot too!... Pretty images and layouts....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! New kitchen...how great is that!
    All of the ATC's you received are just so adorable... such cute little works of art!
    Hugs, Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna thank you for sharing the wonderful ATC's you received from Jie Ying. Your Mimi is truly magical. Delightful in pastels with all the sparkly accents!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna, your card is sooo adorable!! Just love your cardmaking style... so simple, yet so super sweet! mine always turns out looking unfinished!! LOL! Fabulous ATC swaps from Jie Ying too! Have a great day! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, your ATC partner sent you some super cute items!
    Your card is too adorable love li'l magical Mimi! The dimension you gave the mushrooms and her dress looks awesome and of course you can't have a magical card without some sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jie Ying's ATCs are so pretty and cute! Love your pastel card, Mimi is sooooo cute! Beautiful coloring, lovelovelove this card Donna!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute ATC swaps!! And your Mimi looks magical sitting on the shroom! Love how light and airy the colors are!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love swapping ATC's!! Love your pastel Mimi. Actually, I love all your work! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. super cute ATCs from Jie Ying! love the adorable images from PB! and your Mimi card is too cute, Donna! beautiful soft colors. hope all goes smoothly with the demolition and construction. big hugs! =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Donna your card is sooo cute! Love that adorable image and the colouring is sooo beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW... look at all the ATCs, super cute... lucky you! :)

    Oh... I love the Magical Mmi, so adorable!! LOVE the way you colored her, super pretty!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The ATC's is so fun..making me really want to join, Donna... in exchange cards are so fun and lively..

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love the light green mushrooms! adorable card!

    ReplyDelete