Friday, June 21, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches #641

Hello, hello! Well it's been a month since I've last posted or even entered a challenge.
To show you how crazy it's been, I have several cards that never made it to "publish"
on the blog. Yes it's summertime and we've been busy.

And I finally managed to finish a card for this week's Freshly Made Sketches because
I used the same set in FMS #640.
 

And here's my take on the sketch using Waffle Flower's new Beach Umbrella set.
 


Two umbrellas were stenciled on colored card stock and cut with two sizes of
the umbrella dies. I tore the edge of a kraft panel and dabbed the edge with 
Versamark ink and applied white embossing powder to resemble sea foam.
 


Brown watered down ink was spattered on the panel to resemble a sandy
surface then adhered to a blue card base. The umbrellas were adhered per the
sketch and a discontinued MFT sentiment was white embossed on the water. Clear 
dots finished off the card.

And for those with inquiring minds, here's my delinquent card for FMS #640
I was just a few hours past the deadline.


Thanks so much for stopping  by after my hiatus! Off to link up my entry.
Hope you have a great weekend!


4 comments:

  1. Donna, I'm so happy you found a moment to share your darling umbrellas - they ARE your trademark, ya know! LOve your ocean edges! Have a great Summer!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is as close as I can get to the beach, Donna! Love the foamy wave and these pretty umbrellas! I can almost hear the waves crashing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous! I love the sandy background and gorgeous blue water you've created to go with these pretty umbrellas. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, the perfect little beach scenes. I LOVE these umbrellas for the sketch. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete