Monday, November 13, 2023

A Kind and Magnificent Friend


My dear friend Michele Ferguson chose today, World Kindness Day, as our Playing Cards 
with Friends date and I accepted in a flash. 

 The "rules" for our play date is to make a card for someone who has done something 
kind. Not necessarily for me, nor does it have to be someone in our card making 
community. Just an act of kindness that deserves notice.
 
Well, duh, it was a no brainer to choose my playmate and creative card maker
as the inspiration for my card.
 

 
I'm not sure when I "met" Michele. I always wondered about this gal whose blog was called
"I Card Everyone". She would stop by and leave the sweetest comments on my blog.
 
 She has since sent me annual Christmas and birthday cards as well as "just because" cards
which are the very best kind. We managed to FaceTime just once, but it's an event 
I'll always cherish and hope to do it again!



For my card, I purchased Spellbinders Stitched Etched Alphabet Dies and didn't think I 
would be doing any stitching. But I did some for Michele. I watched Yana Smakula's video 
on Analogous Colors and found a color palette that reminds me of Michele.
 
The stamp set has matching adjectives for each alphabet and I only wish hers was
"kind hearted". But she's magnificent just the same.
 
She decided to keep photos of our cards a secret from each other so I'll join you over
at her blog to see her masterpiece. I can cross "playing cards with Michele" off of my
bucket list now. Thanks so much, kind friend--it was tons of fun!

* * * * *

If you want to learn more about World Kindness Day 2023, visit this helpful link.
Personally, I think there needs to be more kindness in the world, not only today, 
but every day 💗


11 comments:

  1. Well, now I know what you meant in your permalink email! I never would have guessed it, Donna!
    You are MUCH too generous - not sure of my 'magnificence' but you make me feel just so! I love that you stitched just for me - I hardly EVER do anymore but just love the idea of having a stitched monogram! I love the colors you've used with that gorgeous dark card!
    I'm so happy we finally got the chance to Play Cards, Donna - and YES please, let's do that Facetime Playtime soon, please!
    Love and hugs to you my kind friend...
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look at your card, read your post, and believe you're every bit as kind as Michele says. You are also a gifted card maker. I'm happy to have a chance to visit today, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Leslie! Thank you for your kind words and for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Hi Donna, I just popped over from Michele's blog. I am in love with this marvelous personalized card you created for sweet Michele! The layers and textures are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous and well-loved, I'm sure! Michele is such a sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy you two connected and played together! Your card for her is gorgeous. What lucky ladies you are to know each other. Thank you for sharing your talents!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning card and such a thoughtful make for your friend Michele. You are incredibly gifted in the art of card making and I've so enjoyed my time visiting your blog. Have scrolled from page to page oohing and aahing over your amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is perfect for Michele with the brilliant colors, Donna! I love your style and these colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is wonderful, heart-filled and magnificent, Donna, just like Michele. What a wonderful color palette! Celebrating friendship and kindness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you personalized the card for Michele, Donna. The arrangement of flowers around the monogram is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful and such fantastic colours xx

    ReplyDelete